Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: !!HELP Navigation Systems HELP!!  (Read 28169 times)

RB-NURSE

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
!!HELP Navigation Systems HELP!!
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »
Hey guys and gals. I recieved a phone call today with this 'easy question' or so i was told :o and said i would post up here and pick everyone elses brains :)
 Hope to get some help for Gary - thought you may be of help since overseas :)

He is the proud owner of a Nissan Skyline 300GT. Model number HV35 / Engine number VQ30(00) 2987

In this vehicle is a pop up screen and navigation system. The DVD Rom that came with the vehicle has maps for Japan and shows that the following information on the DVD. There is a DVD player installed in the Dashboard. Is it capable of picking up the satellite system here? I have spoken to Nissan in Newmarket and they have no idea. I have sent email to Xanavi in Japan and they replied that they are a car tuning company and could not help.

DVD-ROM MAP
DVM 6001C
ZENRIN
2001 Xanavi infometrics Corporation
2001 Zenrin Co .Ltd
BIRDVIEW Road Map
DVD-ROM

I would like to know if you or anyone else are able to supply a version with maps for New Zealand and the instructions in how to install it in English. I have approached Nissan NZ and they were unable to help.

Your response would be appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Gary Bottema

.... Hope someone out there has some info or help :)

Sleepr

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »
First thing i would do is try to hack the dvd and find the map file. Then replace it with one from a place like NZ Open GPS or similar. May be just a case of loading NZ maps. Then see if the Sat side of things works.

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:16:12 AM »
These people can supply an English language conversion. They may be able to provide information on loading other GPS maps:

Xanavi Language Conversion Now Available
For more information contact:

NSW Andy 0425 260 014
or Craig 0406 754 304
VIC Rianto 0413 692 318
QLD Audio Express 07-3252-8858 or CLICK HERE
WA Nigel 0408 628 323
SA Brad 0427 999 093
New Zealand
Christchurch: Auto Sound Security 03 365 2360
Auckland: soon

(Sorry didn't see the date on the original post!!)

Quote from: RB-NURSE;482801
Hey guys and gals. I recieved a phone call today with this 'easy question' or so i was told :o and said i would post up here and pick everyone elses brains :)
 Hope to get some help for Gary - thought you may be of help since overseas :)

He is the proud owner of a Nissan Skyline 300GT. Model number HV35 / Engine number VQ30(00) 2987

In this vehicle is a pop up screen and navigation system. The DVD Rom that came with the vehicle has maps for Japan and shows that the following information on the DVD. There is a DVD player installed in the Dashboard. Is it capable of picking up the satellite system here? I have spoken to Nissan in Newmarket and they have no idea. I have sent email to Xanavi in Japan and they replied that they are a car tuning company and could not help.

DVD-ROM MAP
DVM 6001C
ZENRIN
2001 Xanavi infometrics Corporation
2001 Zenrin Co .Ltd
BIRDVIEW Road Map
DVD-ROM

I would like to know if you or anyone else are able to supply a version with maps for New Zealand and the instructions in how to install it in English. I have approached Nissan NZ and they were unable to help.

Your response would be appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Gary Bottema

.... Hope someone out there has some info or help :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:19:22 AM by westybob »

Foneguy

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
If it can be done, I would like to know as my 350GT has the same navigation system. I was told it couldn't be changed. I have however figured out what all the japanese characters do and how to drive my display.

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:24:23 AM »
Quote from: Foneguy;494141
If it can be done, I would like to know as my 350GT has the same navigation system. I was told it couldn't be changed. I have however figured out what all the japanese characters do and how to drive my display.
Contact the people in my post above. The Aussies have done a lot of work on it.

oneinkedgeek

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Any Updates ?
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 10:53:49 PM »
Its been a while since the last update on this thread, I was wondering if there was anyone in Auckland doing the conversion yet ?

I found a youtube clip which shows the conversion done and all display is in english;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JaiCJkos6E

During the clip it shows a number for Shaun in Auckland but he txt back to say he no longer does conversions.

Im very keep to get this done, so if anyone knows who I can contact, please let me know.

Thanks.

Deb

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Please let me know too..
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 08:24:03 PM »
I am also in Auckland..I have searched & searched for someone that can do the conversion..to no avail :-(. Please let me know also if you find anyone

Thanks in advance

Redbush

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 09:34:36 PM »
Your system can Pick up the sattelite. I have done it in a altezza and a 350z but due to frying a ecu on the 2nd 350z I have stopped doing them. Basically you download the firmware which is available in English from Nismo aftermarket mods forums in japan you will need a english wep page translator to find it.
My contatc wrote a program that will install tomtom maps on to a blank dvd which you write in NTSC format.  
My contact is indian and lives in Auckland he owns a black 350z and his name is sarkpeet or simmilar I have his contact details somewhere. when I find will post.

oneinkedgeek

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 09:33:21 PM »
Just thought id update this thread since its been a while and nothing new has come to light.

I called the number in the youtube clip which i referenced in my earlier post and spoke to the guy in Christchurch who said currently there isn’t anyone in Auckland who’s doing it.

Im not suggesting you ring and hassle them, but if you are genuinely interested in getting this done, then maybe give them a call and let them know what region your from, if enough people show interest, then maybe they might look at getting someone sorted in Auckland who can do this.

If it was in wellington, Id prob drive down to get it done, but ChCh is just not possible.

NZSkyline300GT

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »
Quote from: D3ALN;547920

My contatc wrote a program that will install tomtom maps on to a blank dvd which you write in NTSC format.  
My contact is indian and lives in Auckland he owns a black 350z and his name is sarkpeet or simmilar I have his contact details somewhere. when I find will post.

Hi D3ALN,
 I too have this problem and am keen to find out how the DVD is made to function with a NZ map so would appreciate it if you could find the contat details...

Yes Language conversion would be good too...
I have just done a Stereo Swap out will post on this next...

Redbush

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »
I have moved houses twice since doing this and seem to have misplaced the details. there is a in depth write up somewhere I think it may have been on NZICE forums. I will do a search when I get some time. or burn the disc in the alteeza if I can get hold of my mate.

neonclix

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Re: !!HELP Navigation Systems HELP!!
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 11:09:26 AM »
Hello,
I am new to this forum, I wonder if anyone actually managed to take a crack at this ?

I own a 2007 250GT-FOUR NISSAN SKYLINE.
Stuck with japanese navigation system, would be keen to invest on getting a NZ MAPS on it.