Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Rb25det neo into r32 wiring. Plug identification needed!  (Read 6264 times)

fade to black

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Rb25det neo into r32 wiring. Plug identification needed!
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:46:07 PM »
I got a guy to wire some r32 dash plugs onto my r34 loom to run the r34 rb25det neo  in my r32 on stock r34 ecu.  
He said he removed the tcs wiring and some un-needed stuff.  I have only one plug on the loom i cant find where it would fit.  It sits near the 02 sensor wire and the only thing close is the stock rb20det injector resistor pack by the look of it.  Do rb25det neos run an injector resistor pack?

If the plug is not for resistor pack what is it for?

I have tried to start the car and i am getting fuel out the exhaust but not power is being supplied to the coils.

There is this red plug left over with nothing to plug into, im guessing maybee tcs that was removed?

And also this black plug here has nothing to plug into it.

Another thing, the stock oil pressure sensor (single blade) where is the plug for that? Is it on the stock rb20det loom? I do have a twin blade plug left over near the starter motor wiring is the rb20det oil pressor sensor twin blade?

Any thing else to check that would not give me spark?  I have confidence in the guy that did the job he has done a few of them but i havnt been able to contact him. Im guessing its something i havnt hooked up yet.
Thanks in advance :boohoo:

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »
looks like your coil pack loom plug as from memory ill look at my setup when I get home for you

R34 coils dont run an igniter pack as there self ignitors check your coilpack loom has a plug added

all you need to get it to start is

CAS
AFM
Coilpacks
Injectors
Knock (will start without but runs like ***)
Map
VCT (optional)
O2 (optional)

ill take pics when I get home
Quote from: MZ ROLA;555218
Personally i prefer DP

Quote from: Stalk3r;558679
mmmm sausage

fade to black

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »
Quote from: Shrike;604887
looks like your coil pack loom plug as from memory ill look at my setup when I get home for you

R34 coils dont run an igniter pack as there self ignitors check your coilpack loom has a plug added

Coil loom has no other plugs on it, i am confused, the stock r34 loom shouldnt have this?  Im running stock r34 loom engine and ecu so everything should plug into everything unless it has been put on there.
The guy is having a look at wiring diagram tonight hopefully.  
I went through and checked we have the cam angle sensor plugged in, injectors plugged in, coil loom plug is in, vct plug is up the front of the engine near the coolant temp sensors? If so thats plugged in, 02 sensor is plugged in, i had to re-wire the knock sensors, **** knows why but they were cut, they are definitly on.  Um Throttle position sensor as long as it is the plugs in the picture it is plugged in.
The map/boost sensor is plugged in, you can see it in one of the pics.

Does the ecu need to have its casing earthed?  
I have the 2 earths bolted to the head by the coolant temp sensors and one big earth strap from the chassis to the right side engine mount to block bolts.
It winds over fine, i remember my old ca18 powered silvia struggled to wind over and heated up the starter wire when the earth was poor.

Another thing i would like to try and do is try the ecu on a r34 gtt, theres one in town a mate knows the guy so we will try and see if he will let me do that to test the ecu is doing its business.

Cheers for the help
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:03:33 PM by fade to black »

fast4motion

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
Quote from: fade to black;604881
Another thing, the stock oil pressure sensor (single blade) where is the plug for that? Is it on the stock rb20det loom? I do have a twin blade plug left over near the starter motor wiring is the rb20det oil pressor sensor twin blade?

RB20det has a twin blade plug for oil pressure sender. One wire is for the warning light, the other wire is for the gauge.

fast4motion

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 08:02:07 PM »
And from memory the resistor in pic 3 is the dropping resistor for the fuel pump.

fade to black

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
Awesome thanks for that dude!  I will grab an rb20 oil pressure sender and lengthen the wires to reach it.  Will be good to have that gauge and warning light!

fade to black

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »
Ok so i found i was blowing this fuse even with everything off, the little pannel said it was ignition

I unplugged things one at a time untill i found that it was this plug that would blow the fuse when i put it together

The red wire on the bottom of the plug has power to it before the fuse blows but not after, it connects to the grey wire on the other plug the grey wire is joined to a black wire with a red stripe.  The black wire with the red stripe goes to here.

Earth near the coolant temp sensor, and thats why its blowing the fuse!
I cut this wire and tried to start it, no luck however it didnt blow the fuse!  The other wires go to AFM and 2 to the window wiper.  
I put test light on all of the wires at the afm, nothing on any of them while winding it over.
That is the point where i got dragged away from it.  I havnt looked at one of the wiring diagrams yet but plan to when i get back from this pipss up tonight , hopefully the earth and the afm power wire are just around the wrong way!
:)

fast4motion

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »
According to my diagrams, that fuse is for ABS.

Power to your AFM usually comes directly from the ECCS relay, which also supplies power to the CAS and ECU pin 49 and 59.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:45:04 AM by fast4motion »

fade to black

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »
So heres another twist.  I think my ecu is out of a stagea.
We put it in a mates r34 and it started, brought up TCS light, ran less boost.  Then it wouldn't turn the car off when the key was turned off.
The numbers are 23740 0v300
PCMNR-030 C1 6Z03

Does anyone know where i can find an english pin out of this ecu?  Or happen to know if its different enough to the r34 to cause problems?  I seen on an australian forum this guy has the exact same problem as me, all be it a few years ago.
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/112683-pinouts-for-the-ecu/page__st__20

wicked_one

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Re: Rb25det neo into r32 wiring. Plug identification needed!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 02:32:39 PM »
Thread revival  :P, I also have a stagea ecu  :'(

Struggling a little bit with numerous forums posts out there having dead links and pics. Seems R34 ecu is not the same.

Did you manage to get yours sorted?, I'm tempted to give my loom to someone to wire. 

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 08:51:27 PM »
Very little difference. What number is your ECU?
Here is a pinout diagram for an auto Stagea
and below that an R34

wicked_one

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 02:07:08 PM »
Very little difference. What number is your ECU?
Here is a pinout diagram for an auto Stagea
and below that an R34

Cheers, 23740 0v802

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 12:38:59 AM »
Yep that's for a 2wd S2 Stagea with Neo engine so should be fine for R34

wicked_one

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 06:22:02 PM »
Yep that's for a 2wd S2 Stagea with Neo engine so should be fine for R34

So I ended up getting a guy to wire it up and he did a nice job. The car starts but there's a knocking sound which is terrifying. It doesnt sound deep a really loud like a rod knock, its sounds quieter but still definitely a knock. 

Is it possible given the stagea and r34 ecu have an injector switched that hes wired it up to the 34 diagram with the switched injector wiring and what im hearing is detonation? The engine doesnt run well at all, doesnt like to rev and rev hangs.

Should also be noted I was running it with no exhaust after the downpipe.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:28:01 PM by wicked_one »