Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: C32 Laurel, 20det/25det Photo Thread.  (Read 2390 times)

connen31

• RB20E
    • View Profile
C32 Laurel, 20det/25det Photo Thread.
« on: October 13, 2014, 11:45:08 PM »
Evening all, Thought I would take the time to show off and document the process me and my laurel have been through.

It all started when I decided i wanted a cheap to run daily, with a bit of a twist. Living in Christchurch I cant put up with the police harassment that comes with a young male driver and a skyline so when an immaculate 1985 Laurel poped up it had to be mine. She was a bit slow and very boaty to begin with, but being factory manual and with absolutely no rust i was very very stoked.

First came a set of period weds albinos in 15x6.5 and a road trip down to queenstown

Here she is trecking up the remarkables, may have had a wee bit to much fun on the tight grave switchbacks on the way up  ;)

After an incredibly smooth cruise I decided the 20e really wasn't what I wanted and tossed up between selling the laurel and moving onto something with a bit more or taking on my first conversion. Clearly the conversion won out and the 20e slipped out like yesterdays lunch.

Mid way through the swap I managed to pick up a period Nardi steering wheel in amazing wood trim, showing just enough wear to make its age clear.

Had a few cold evenings squeezing the new heart in,

Finally got the r32 gtst motor in.

After alot of dicking around i decided to just fab some temporary intake piping, with no intention of running a filthy front mount and having cold feet about cutting up the shell for a side mount i decided that a water-to-air inter cooler would be the go. But in the mean time no intercooler means less power, which in theory makes for a happier cert man  ;)

And then one afternoon, trawling through trademe I spotted a full set of ssr supersharks in perfect 14x6.5, needless to say I was all over them.
Though the 3 piece star sharks are more readily avaliable im a big fan of the cleanness of the single piece supersharks and with no intention of running hacked guards the mild sizing fitted my needs.

And here she sits for now, Booking my cert this week and hopefully its all smooth sailing.

Tomy255

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: C32 Laurel, 20det/25det Photo Thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:13:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum Borris, looks OG as fuark. SKids

Aubrey107

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:44:38 AM »
Damn :D this thing gunna look wicked!

connen31

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 01:20:09 PM »
Cert went surprisingly smoothly, so as mad as it sounds shes all legal  ;D
Slowly rebuilding the 25det I have in the garage, not sure if its destined for this shell yet but we shall see

Aubrey107

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
Must go way better with the 20det. Good to see cert went well :)

MOSTDOUBTED

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 03:21:50 PM »
Imagine how loose it is on the 14's though!
02 Holden Commdore SS VX
96 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25 Sedan

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 09:29:16 PM »
This thing is raaaaaad!
732-

#leoniesponies