Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: My RB30DET money pit  (Read 1019 times)

xsv_32

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Re: My RB30DET money pit
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 11:55:28 AM »
Yeah makes pretty good torque, yup just on 98 octane. Could do a heap more hp/nm on ethanol, but 600hp is more than enough :D

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »
how do you find the 366 on spool and transient throttle?

what rims and tyres are you running?
god is just an imaginery friend for grown ups

xsv_32

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »
Yeah just on 98 octane. Would like to make a lot more on e85 but not really necessary for a road car lol

Wheels and tyres are enkei rpf1 18x10.5 with 15 offset. Hankook rs3 tyres all round. 265 front, 285 rear.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:37:42 PM by xsv_32 »

xsv_32

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »
The (semi) finished result of the wide body kit I needed to fit the big wheels and tyres I wanted to run. Clearances are pretty tight and there was a little guard rub, and the luxury sports stuff kiiiiiinda fits ok. Will be taking it for lvv cert as it is, then chase down a genuine gtr bumper and front guards to roll out instead of the fibreglass stuff that's currently in place. and some rear guards will get made up to tidy up the rear some more.

Looks ok for now though. Kinda staunch with the riveted rear fenders and wheels barely fitting in lol

Kiwinats was good fun. Its always a laugh to catch other cars by surprise coming onto the straight during cruise sessions and watching their cheeky grin of confidence disappear the same time I do  :P :P

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 07:59:37 AM »
i like those wheels and tyres, whats the combo? and yeah it looks tough.

any videos of KiwiNats?

xsv_32

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 03:48:08 PM »
Wheels are enkei rpf1 18x10.5 15 offset. 265/35/18 fronts. 285 rears.

xsv_32

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 12:57:17 PM »
Have been pretty lazy with the car as of late, I did however manage to fit up the sump guard/bash plate that a friend of mine had made up out of 8mm alloy plate. This thing is SOLID haha, and not too heavy either, im guessing around the 8-10 kilo mark, but Id rather have it and not need it than the other way around.

It mounts to a 40mm solid alloy bar that bolts to the underside of the subframe behind the sump, which also gives me a solid jacking point I can lift the front of the car with, and then bolts to some box section steel I had welded into the castor arm mounts. along with some bits welded to its sides to prevent the edge of the plate catching on anything, this should hopefully protect my big sump from anything trying to open it up like a tin can haha!

Next up is sorting out the boot floor and new battery box, GTR bonnet, grille and headlights to go in. :)

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2017, 11:28:10 AM »
does your sump sit very low? did you lower your engine on the mounts or do you just have a massive sump?

xsv_32

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »
It sits reasonably low. Standard engine mounts/subframe etc etc. Car has had ride height raised a little since, but I put a wheel either side of the ripple strip when I spun off at the dipper on a drift school day and put a shallow dent in the bottom of the pan despite having a light bash guard, but the new one is waaaay stronger haha. Better off having it and not needing it. See below pic, hangs down below sway bar quite a bit.

Am now looking to move my oil cooler to make room for the bonnet latch support, and make the new boot floor, car is booked in for cert soon. Fingers crossed I dont get hit with a massive to do list!!

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 08:29:25 AM »
i should really check how far my sump hangs..

good luck with the cert.

xsv_32

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »
Finally took the car for Cert and WOF last week, and as expected the car failed each, giving me a list of work to do. Nothing too serious but it will keep me busy the next two weeks none the less. Few things to do are:

Remove fixed drivers seat (not allowed as it is a 2 door passenger vehicle)
Secure Fuel lines every 300mm
Front tires rubbing on guards
Exhaust touching driveshaft hoop
Suspension needs 40mm of drop when car is lifted.

And a small list of other stuff that I wont bother listing. Will swap the drivers seat for a reclining recaro I have borrowed, and will have to employ a friend to widen the fibreglass guards to allow room for the tires without rub. The tricky one is getting more drop out of the suspension. I am playing with the spring preload, hoping this can help.

Hopefully after I dot my I's and cross my t's I will have a road going car in the very near future. Will post once I go for my cert re check and WOF.

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
thats not too bad a list, could you not remove the rear seats and have it certified as a two seater?

that drop will be a challenge, what brand are your coil overs? i don't know if mine have 40mm of drop :( maybe disconnect the swaybar and take it for a recheck.