Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: R30 Carburettor Info....newbie  (Read 377 times)

fatjap44

• RB20E
    • View Profile
R30 Carburettor Info....newbie
« on: November 15, 2016, 09:57:24 AM »
Hi all,
First post, so bear with me,... I'm a newbie from the UK.
After having a couple of R33GTST's and building couple of S14's and various other early jap cars i came across a 1985 R30 1800Ti saloon auto in a barn and bought it with a view to doing an RB transplant eventually.
Its low kms, an unregistered NZ car, excellent condition inside and out and obviously rare in the UK.
What I'm after is any info on the type of carburettor thats fitted? and possibly a schematic break down pic of the internal parts, also any info on where to buy parts.
I've got it started on fresh fuel fine, choke comes off and it idles steady, but when i put it into drive and try bring the revs up under load the engine dies?
The accelerator pump seems to squirt and there seems to be fuel there but it dies?
When the second choke/butterfly is partially opened manually it revs fine?
The second butterfly appears to be vacuum operated? ,when should it come in? is it operated by a diaphragm? if so are these prone to tearing? are they a service part.
Any information to help me keep this car on the road would be a great help.
many thanks.

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: R30 Carburettor Info....newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 11:10:09 AM »
Wow a rare car in good nick!
In fact so rare that I will take the unusual step of referring you to another forum which is many times bigger than ours and has a section dedicated to such classics:

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/forum/77-classics-1953-1988/

fatjap44

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Re: R30 Carburettor Info....newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 12:47:32 PM »
Thanks for that westybob ....I'll see how I get on...