Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: heater bypass ideas  (Read 382 times)

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
heater bypass ideas
« on: November 26, 2016, 10:42:03 PM »
I'm going to ditch the heater and bypass it somehow with maybe 180 tube bend with beads.
Anyone know where I can get something like that or have one made (cheaply of course)?
I think I can do the loop where the heater matrix joins the heater hoses (at the bulkhead) or on the intake side.
Cheers

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: heater bypass ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 10:30:31 AM »
You could just use a length of heater hose (although it would have to be a bit longer with no sharp bends) or you could measure and sketch out what you need and go to Repco or suchlike on a non- busy day and ask them to have a look in their bins for something close - although you would be paying more for a formed part.

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 03:55:23 PM »
Bit hard to see but this is my heater bypass on my track car. The black hose running from under 6th port to next to thermostat housing. Does that trick nice & cleanly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:12:24 AM »
thanks - hopefully I don't have to take off the manifold to do it!
cheers
sam

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 07:44:42 PM »
What a fun job! Not.
Finally got this done, the front heater hose was pretty tricky due to access issue. Impossible to get to from underneath and doable from the top but battery and fuse/relay box had to be moved out of the way, even then getting the heat sealed hose from the fitting wasn't much fun. Rear one was far easier, once starter was removed.
5/8" diameter with around 2-2' long hose is needed to do the loop. 3' might work better to get to oil filter etc.